Pick and Place head - dual nozzle - OpenPnP compatible
2019-09-08: Out of stock. Material on site. Pre order plate kits and they will ship before the end of the month. Full kits will not be in stock moving forward. Please complete the online survey to give me feedback on this decision. Thank you!
Dual nozzle head for pick and place machine. SOME IMAGES SHOW OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT NOT SUPPLIED BY DEFAULT (like the juki nozzle holders, vacuum adapters or the ELP camera). REFER TO THE LISTS BELOW FOR WHAT IS INCLUDED. Surface finish subject to change.
New features (2017-10-21)
- 5v inductive homing sensor!
- CNC machined ELP camera mount
- CNC machined linear rail reference edges!
- CNC machined perpendicular mating edges!
(note some pictures do not reflect the new features)
Full set of CNC MACHINED PLATES, Hardware, 2x high quality linear rails, 2x NEMA 8 hollow shaft motors, 1x NEMA 17 Z rotation motor, inductive sensor, brass spur gear, 1/8" delrin pins for locking the X axis belt in the tensioners.
FULL KIT + TWO juki nozzle holders:
Includes everything in the full kit, but also includes TWO juki nozzle holders that will be installed on the NEMA 8 motors and tested to guarantee <0.03mm TIR (Total Indicator Reading) where the juki nozzle mounts. TIR measured will be marked on the motors (e.g.. 0.02mm).
Includes all of the machined plates (9 including the two tensioner brackets) and the required spur gear. You will need to order the rails, motors, inductive sensor and hardware. I was spending thousands of dollars stocking these parts, so this might be the only option soon. You will be ordering all the other parts from places you can get the required head parts anyways. This way shipping the head is a lot cheaper too. See below for a list of the required parts to build the head (with buying references!).
Discussion here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/openpnp/qdB5XmdrgOA
Design files here: https://github.com/BETZtechnik/ICEpick--Direct-drive-pick-and-place-head/wiki
Excellent compatible PnP frame design here: https://hackaday.io/project/9319-diy-pick-and-place
NEW ASSEMBLY/ COMMISSIONING GUIDE HERE
This is our dual nozzle pick and place head. NEMA17 Z axis motor, machined rack and pinion design, hollow shaft NEMA8 part rotation motors. This works perfectly with our high precision Juki Nozzle holders (See them here).
- designed to mount to a standard 12mm linear rail (HIWIN with LONG block for example: MGN12H). Mounting pattern 20mm x 20mm. NEW AS OF 2017-11-23 now supports 15mm wide x 20mm tall and 20mm wide x 25mm tall to fit more types and sizes of rails!
Check out the head mounting drawing below for more details.
- Can also mount to MGN15C (standard block).
- 5mm hollow shaft for nozzle holder mounting.
- Each nozzle can drop down approxmately 22.5mm from neutral.
- Homing is accomplished using an inductive sensor. The kits have been supplied with a new 5v tolerant sensor for a couple of months but as of 2018-09-05 they are confirmed working on the built in homing switch terminals on the smoothie board. On the test board the voltage was 4.7v and it worked normally so no more voltage issues!
- Easy to modify the mounting plate for other systems (like openbuilds C beam, etc.)
PLATE KIT ADDITIONAL REQUIRED COMPONENTS (With buying reference!):
- QTY 1 NEMA 17 REF (MNEMA17-22)
- QTY 2 NEMA 8 REF (HS-Nema8-5mm Shaft)
- QTY 2 9 x 75 linear rail REF (SS_MGN9-75)
- QTY 1 5v inductive sensor REF (DC5V-LJ8A3-2-Z/BX)
- HARDWARE ( I will be asking Robotdigg to make a hardware kit for the head, stand by):
M3 nuts QTY 16 REF
M3x6 QTY 8 REF
M3x8 QTY 20 REF
M3x10 QTY 8 REF (4 of them are for mounting to the X rail)
M3x14 QTY 8 REF
M3x20/25 QTY 4 REF
M2x8 QTY 8 REF
Delrin pins QTY 2 REF (3x16)