Pick and Place head - dual nozzle - OpenPnP compatible
2019-06-01: In stock, ready for immediate shipment!
Dual nozzle head for pick and place machine. SOME IMAGES SHOW OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT NOT SUPPLIED BY DEFAULT (like the juki nozzle holders or the ELP camera). REFER TO THE LIST ABOVE FOR WHAT IS INCLUDED. Surface finish subject to change. There may be some cosmetic scratches on the parts.May be raw stock finish if the plate is in good shape, or might be face-milled. The angular finish shown on the assembled pictures is not for production at this time. Thank you.
New features (2017-10-21)
- 5v inductive homing sensor!
- Waterjet metal camera mount!
- CNC machined linear rail reference edges!
- CNC machined perpendicular mating edges!
(note some pictures do not reflect the new features)
Full set of CNC MACHINED PLATES, Hardware, 2x high quality linear rails, 2x NEMA 8 hollow shaft motors, 1x NEMA 17 Z rotation motor, inductive sensor, brass spur gear, 1/8" delrin pins for locking the X axis belt in the tensioners.
FULL KIT + ONE juki nozzle holder:
Includes everything in the full kit, but also includes ONE juki nozzle holder that will be installed on one of the NEMA 8 motors and tested to guarantee <0.03mm TIR (Total Indicator Reading) where the juki nozzle mounts. The other NEMA 8 motor will be supplied loose. TIR measured will be marked on the motor (e.g.. 0.02mm).
FULL KIT + TWO juki nozzle holders:
Includes everything in the full kit, but also includes TWO juki nozzle holders that will be installed on the NEMA 8 motors and tested to guarantee <0.03mm TIR (Total Indicator Reading) where the juki nozzle mounts. TIR measured will be marked on the motors (e.g.. 0.02mm).
Discussion here: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/openpnp/qdB5XmdrgOA
Design files here: https://github.com/BETZtechnik/ICEpick--Direct-drive-pick-and-place-head/wiki
Excellent compatible PnP frame design here: https://hackaday.io/project/9319-diy-pick-and-place
NEW ASSEMBLY/ COMMISSIONING GUIDE HERE
This is our dual nozzle pick and place head. NEMA17 Z axis motor, machined rack and pinion design, hollow shaft NEMA8 part rotation motors. This works perfectly with our high precision Juki Nozzle holders (See them here).
- designed to mount to a standard 12mm linear rail (HIWIN with LONG block for example: MGN12H). Mounting pattern 20mm x 20mm. NEW AS OF 2017-11-23 now supports 15mm wide x 20mm tall and 20mm wide x 25mm tall to fit more types and sizes of rails!
Check out the head mounting drawing below for more details.
- Can also mount to MGN15C (standard block).
- 5mm hollow shaft for nozzle holder mounting.
- Each nozzle can drop down approxmately 22.5mm from neutral.
- Homing is accomplished using an inductive sensor. The kits have been supplied with a new 5v tolerant sensor for a couple of months but as of 2018-09-05 they are confirmed working on the built in homing switch terminals on the smoothie board. On the test board the voltage was 4.7v and it worked normally so no more voltage issues!
- Easy to modify the mounting plate for other systems (like openbuilds C beam, etc.)